PRINT MEDIA: HOW DOOR DROP MEDIA CAN ANSWER YOUR DIGITAL MEDIA CHALLENGES
Surveys show that ~30% of brands are reducing their ad spend across the next 12 months, partly in response to the global economic downturn.1 And so, marketers need to find ways to raise brand
awareness and generate leads with fewer resources. If this wasn’t enough, the culture around data collection and consumer targeting has also drastically changed. Reforms to consumer privacy legislation have made data collection more complex, and software providers are taking steps to protect user data.2 As a result, brands can no longer rely on a digital-first comms strategy because campaigns aren’t reaching who they need to.
Offline advertising, specifically channels like door drop media, could provide marketers a way forward. Door drop is a direct-to-consumer and high-impact medium that offers a range of added benefits that marketers should take advantage of in the coming months. In this whitepaper, we’re looking at the state of modern media buying and the opportunities and challenges that marketers are facing. Read on to learn more and discover how to get started with door drop campaigns using best-in-class support from industry leaders.
- The problem with Modern Media Buying : Despite its popularity, however, digital marketing has three critical problems. Firstly is the method’s growing saturation. The uptake of online advertising has been so large that brands are noticing its efficacy has dwindled as consumers grow accustomed to ignoring ads. While 69.5% of ads were viewable in 2021, engagement levels rapidly declined with each passing second.8 What’s more, the global average time-in-view for advertisements’ decreased by as much as 25% on mobile devices.9 The only region that saw increases in viewing times was France, whose increase came in at just +0.134 seconds from the previous year
- What does Door drop Offer: In order for marketers to consider offline advertising channels such as door drop media, it has to present unique value as part of a campaign. That’s why, in this section, we’re looking at what door drop media offers to brands, where it can fit within a campaign and how it compares to the digital channels that advertising professionals are likely already familiar with. Below is an outline of door drop media, broken down by the essential qualities of any advertising medium.
- Impact: Unlike digital advertising mediums, door drop is an extremely popular and trusted media channel. Pan-EU research indicates that door drop is the most favoured advertising method for retail brands, with as many as 80% of European consumers preferring door drop to other advertising channels.37This trend is consistent across product categories (like groceries, electronics and clothing) and regions (such as Germany, Austria and France), meaning door drop media is an extremely flexible advertising tool.
- Creative Potential: As marketing tools, digital advertising channels are visual-only creative mediums. However, door drop media is a tangible and graphical product, meaning it gives advertising professionals an extra feature –physicality –to leverage when engaging consumers. As such, door drop presents a unique opportunity to impress customers by using textural qualities to engage consumers beyond visual details alone.
- Targeting: As with digital media strategies, successful door drop advertising requires effective targeting. So, while you may already know your target audience, working with door drop media means you need to consider their wider lifestyle, like where they live and how they act.
- Compliance: Compliance within advertising is not a new problem; regulations ensuring campaign materials are accurate and fair have been around for decades. However, GDPR legislation and the Digital Services and Markets Acts have shaken the digital advertising industry in particular.
Click here to download